Re: splitting plpython into smaller parts

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: splitting plpython into smaller parts
Date: 2011-11-28 10:00:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 11/13/2011 09:45 AM, Jan Urbański wrote:
> The first one factors out some bolerplate related to executing SPI
> functions in subtransactions (and idea borrowed from pltcl.c).

While I haven't looked at the code, this seems worthwhile from the
description.

> The second one is the actual split. plpython.c has been split into 11
> separate files and one header.

Could you comment a bit more about what the goal of this is? We don't
have a reviewer for this patch yet, and I think part of the reason is
because it's not really obvious what it's supposed to be doing, and why
that's useful.