Re: BUG #6281: need to remove

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: Jim Jackson <jimjackson(at)judgefite(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6281: need to remove
Date: 2011-11-02 09:38:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 11/02/2011 01:53 AM, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Bug reference: 6281
> Logged by: Jim Jackson
> Email address: jimjackson(at)judgefite(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: ??
> Operating system: Windows 7
> Details:
>
> I need to remove the postgres from my PC. it does not work and has made
> certain files on my pc inaccessible.

"Certain files" ? Which files, and where? Give their paths, eg
"C:\Users\Fred\Desktop\abc.doc".

This is interesting because of a recent discussion about the icacls
command run by the installer, but more information would be necessary to
help you.

As for removal: use the add/remove programs to uninstall like you do any
other program. If that doesn't work, provide the FULL ERROR MESSAGE you
get (if any).

Make sure to "reply all" to this email so the mailing list gets your reply.

--
Craig Ringer