Re: somewhat wrong archive_command example

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: somewhat wrong archive_command example
Date: 2011-09-22 00:59:43
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 21-09-2011 20:02, Greg Smith wrote:
> Attached version fixes the late night brain fade errors. I think the right
> thing to do next is to package this up into a doc update that corrects the
> errors in that section too; just clean the whole thing up while I'm poking at
> it. I'll submit that over to the hackers list so that everyone can take a shot
> at correcting my shell code.

Just a few comments:

(i) full path for ARCHIVE (say /path/to/archive) and backup_in_progress.
Absolute paths are easier to check than relative ones;
(ii) is echo with unquoted string portable? I don't know but it confuses
readability.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira http://www.timbira.com.br/