Fwd: Creating md5 passwords in PHP for the PostgreSQL pg_shadow table

From: Matthew Horoschun <mhoroschun(at)canprint(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Creating md5 passwords in PHP for the PostgreSQL pg_shadow table
Date: 2003-01-21 00:14:28
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi All,

I've figured this out myself... but I thought I might just let the list
archives know so that others don't need to work it out for themselves.

To create a md5 password suitable for use in the PostgreSQL pg_shadow
table:

$md5_passwd = 'md5' . md5( $password . $username );

The username acts as salt.

Matthew.