Re: python cleanup

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: python cleanup
Date: 2011-07-25 14:18:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 07/24/2011 11:46 PM, Tom Lane wrote:

[python headers set _POSIX_C_SOURCE and _XOPEN_SOURCE]
> What in the world are the python headers doing fooling with these
> macros, anyway??

Good question. It seems unfriendly. It looks like you're just about guaranteed to get a warning if you include any system header before you include Python.h.

So either we have to dance around that or we have to give up the idea that postgres.h must come first. It wouldn't be the first time we've had to do that sort of dance.

The reason we get warnings about these and not about many other things it defines (such as the HAVE_foo macros) is that these are set to values different from those encountered in the previously included headers.

cheers

andrew