Re: Logging attempt to connect with odbc

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Fred Parkinson <fredp(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Logging attempt to connect with odbc
Date: 2011-06-09 04:00:34
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On 09/06/11 01:04, Fred Parkinson wrote:

> that's it. that's all I get before Windows reports that "a connection
> could not be made (with) ... the connection parameters..."

There are no errors in the server-side logs, so I'd be looking at the
client-side ODBC logging.

Turn on ODBC client logging and look at the "mylog" file to see if
there's anything informative. You can enable driver-level logging in the
DSN options using the "MyLog" option; this is **NOT** the same as "ODBC
Logging" which will not tell you what you need to know.

See:

http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/config.html

http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/

--