Re: How can I check the treatment of bug fixes?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How can I check the treatment of bug fixes?
Date: 2011-05-27 15:37:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 05/27/2011 05:36 AM, MauMau wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I posted a patch for bug #6011 to pgsql-hackers several days ago. How
> can I check the status of bug fixes? I'm worried that the patch might be
> forgotten, because bug #5842 was missed for two months until Bruce
> noticed it.

The joke that my lovely colleagues are not letting you in on is,
"PostgreSQL does not believe in using a bug tracker". I personally think
that some of us are still holding on to a strange and irrational premise
that a bug tracker will somehow force the community to subjigate itself
to "the man" and therefore we just can't allow it.

Yes, it is a long standing argument.

Yes, it is ridiculous.

Yes, it is something that MySQL gets to make fun of us about (inside joke).

You have done what you need to do to check the status. Someone who knows
something about the bug should speak up at some point.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579