Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for a PostgreSQL Print Magazine
Date: 2011-03-10 22:53:26
Lists: pgeu-general

> Damien,
>
> when I understood you right - it should be in English.
>
> Or is it your plan to have it in French, German, Italian, Swedish and so
> on?

The original version will be edited in English. Once this version is
published, any local PUG can download the scribus files and translate
it. I'm going to use open formats and a very simple layout, so that the
translation doesn't require much design skills or expensive software.

That's pretty much how the ubuntu magazine works...

> When it should be in English - then I would suggest to do it worldwide and
> not only for Europe.
>
> Means then we should bring the topic to one of the world wide lists.

ok. I launched this proposal on the European mailing-list because i
thought that at first it would be easier to work with ppl on the same
timezone. Skype and IRC meetings are more difficult when ppl are all
over the world... But of course this proposal can be forwarded outside
pgeu-general :-) I've just bounced it to -advocacy. If you think it
should be sent elsewhere feel free to do so !

--
damien clochard
dalibo.com | dalibo.org