Re: high user cpu, massive SELECTs, no io waiting problem

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Verteiler_A-Team <a-team(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>, bm(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de, Felix Feinhals <ff(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>, tp(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de
Subject: Re: high user cpu, massive SELECTs, no io waiting problem
Date: 2011-02-16 14:55:39
Lists: pgsql-performance

Kevin Grittner wrote:
> In fact, I wonder whether we shouldn't leave a couple items you've
> excluded, since they are sometimes germane to problems posted, like
> lc_collate and TimeZone.

I pulled some of them out only because they're not really
postgresql.conf settings; lc_collate and lc_ctype for example are set at
initdb time. Feel free to hack on that example if you feel it could be
improved, just be aware which of those things are not really in the main
config file when pondering if they should be included.