Re: SSI patch version 14

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSI patch version 14
Date: 2011-02-02 13:22:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki,

> TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'showTimingInfo'
> make: *** [dcheck] Virhe 1
>
> At that point I had no idea what's wrong.

Hm.. looks like Kevin already uses the latest dtester code from git.
You can either do that as well, or try to drop the 'showTimingInfo'
argument from the call to Runner() in pg_dtester.py:1370.

> PS. I tried "python ./setup.py dtest", mentioned in the README, and it
> just said "invalid command 'dtest'". But I presume the installation
> worked anyway.

Yeah, that's a gotcha in dtester. setup.py dtest requires dtester to be
installed - a classic chicken and egg problem. I certainly need to look
into this.

> Yeah, that was my impression too. (see my other post with WIP
> implementation of that)

I'd like to get Kevin's opinion on that, but it certainly sounds like a
pragmatic approach for now.

Regards

Markus Wanner