Invitation to Cluster Hackers meeting at pgCon

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Invitation to Cluster Hackers meeting at pgCon
Date: 2011-01-31 22:52:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

All,

This year we will be having a "Cluster Hackers" summit at pgCon. You
are invited if you are currently working on any PostgreSQL replication
or clustering solution, or core features to support such solutions.
This includes, but is not limited to: PostgreXC, GridSQL, Postgres-R,
Slony-I, Bucardo, binary replication, pgPool, Skytools, Aster Data,
Greenplum, HadoopDB, or others.

This is a working meeting, intended to coordinate development of joint
open source projects in order to enhance PostgreSQL clustering. It is
not a meeting for users, just hackers. The meeting is sponsored by NTT
Open Source.

Tuesday May 17th
9am to 5pm
University of Ottawa Campus (room TBD)

This is concurrent with the first day of tutorials at pgCon.

Please RSVP if you plan to be there. Please also make a note if you
need assistance with travel costs (We probably will not have funds
for assistance, but I'll let you know if we do).

RSVP:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEFINzFPYlROTFZBVjJEYVFTbWZIUXc6MQ

Tentative schedule is:

09:00-09:30 - Introduction, organize schedule

09:30-12:00 - Status updates on clustering projects
and on core-code clustering projects

12:00-13:00 - Break for lunch

13:00-17:00 - Breakout sessions: discuss specific projects
in small groups
(extra room will be available for this)

19:00 Dinner (optional, not sponsored)

--