Re: wxWidgets 2.9 build

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: wxWidgets 2.9 build
Date: 2011-01-17 22:31:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 17/01/2011 23:20, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Actually, I don't see us maintaining OGL. We don't have the manpower to
>> do that.
>>
>> I'm wondering if we really need OGL. What do we use it for? because if
>> it's now out of wxWidgets and if it's an important component for us, we
>> aren't probably alone. What do the other guys do? Moreover, if they got
>> rid of it, it's also probably because they don't need it, meaning we
>> could use something else, available in wxWidgets 2.9 that would replace
>> OGL. That would be a really better way than maintaining a fork of OGL.
>
> We use it for drawing graphical query plans, and I believe for the
> query builder. Replacing it would probably not be straightforward.

And we sure cannot get rid of the graphical query plans and the
graphical query builder. Guess you're right.

Well, the good thing seems my translation work is done, so i guess I'm
now full-spare-time on pgAdmin again. Many things on my plate for the
next days (some bugs to fix, new options dialog, custom reports in the
status window, new PostgreSQL features, etc). Nothing related to this
thread obviously, but I'm glad to be back :)

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr