Re: date out of range for timestamp

From: David Rericha <d(dot)rericha(at)healthcareoss(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: date out of range for timestamp
Date: 2010-12-29 17:11:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom, it seems to me that the planner's behavior in converting dates to
timestamps in order to compare a date constant is a bug. I think I will
submit it as such. If you enter a valid date into a field, you should
be able to filter it even if that date exceeds the timestamp's range.
Thanks again for your help.

David J. Rericha
OSS, LLC
Projects Manager