Problem with COPY using PostgreSQL 9 and JDBC 4

From: Martin Goodfellow <Martin(dot)Goodfellow(at)cis(dot)strath(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with COPY using PostgreSQL 9 and JDBC 4
Date: 2010-11-25 16:00:07
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all,
I'm having some trouble using this command via JDBC. I have a
set of files with which I would like to populate database tables. If I
use the command, copy table from file with Delimiter ' ';, I get nothing
being added to the table should it be via JDBC but if I do it on the
command line I get all the results added as required.

I've tried to find if other people are having this problem and can't see
any problems related to the current version of PostgreSQL. Some of the
older versions I realised didn't support the copy command via JDBC but
as far as I can see version 9 does.

Could anyone shed some light on this as to what I am doing wrong?

Note: originally the files were binary and the query was complaining
about the file signature despite them being valid binary files. The
same command was used but with "with binary" being added to the query.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Martin