Re: create custom collation from case insensitive portuguese

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Alexandre Riveira <alexandre(at)objectdata(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: create custom collation from case insensitive portuguese
Date: 2010-11-02 15:40:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alexandre Riveira escreveu:
> I've achieved some success in changing collate operating system (linux)
> to generate sort of way of Brazil Portuguese hopes by adding the
> following code in LC_COLLATE

This was already discussed; search the archives [1] [2].

> So far, I understood the mechanism of change collate and reproduce in
> postgresql, and I could not generate a case-insensitive search, I
> believe that would change within the LC_COLLATE variable, but could not
> go any further than that.

PostgreSQL doesn't support case-insensitive searches specifying the collate
per column yet. Look at [3]. But you could use ILIKE or regular expression to
achieve that.

[1] http://pgfoundry.org/pipermail/brasil-usuarios/20060330/001667.html
[2] http://www.mail-archive.com/brasil-usuarios(at)pgfoundry(dot)org/msg00895.html
[3] http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-07/msg00512.php