Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Tasks for the Google Code-In

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Tasks for the Google Code-In
Date: 2010-10-31 05:42:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

Le 29/10/2010 11:17, Selena Deckelmann a écrit :
> The Oregon State University's Open Source Lab (OSL) has contacted me about
> coordinating some student work for the Google Code-In, a program targetting
> 13-18 year olds.
>
> See more here: http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/index.html
>
> This program specifically allows documentation, testing and advocacy
> activity not normally allowed in the Google Summer of Code. And OSL is
> offering to be an umbrella organization -- handling the administrative
> details for us.
>
> So! Do you have some 2-3 week projects in mind? Please post some ideas, and
> we can get this going.

The pgAdmin's documentation is not in a good shape right now. This is
something I would like to work on for next release. But, actually, time
flies, and I still haven't found the time to work on it.

We're still looking at tools that we will use to write the documentation.

Anyway, even if they do this with OpenOffice.org, it would really help
us. Do you think this could be a good project? I don't expect a full
documentation, but having an explanation of the menus and dialogs
components would be great.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr