Re: getGeneratedKeys() problem

From: Adam Todorski <atodorski(at)automate(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org, viktor(dot)pravdin(at)disi(dot)unitn(dot)it
Subject: Re: getGeneratedKeys() problem
Date: 2010-10-26 14:41:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Viktor,

I asked about this issue a few months ago and got no response. I worked
around it with code to discern the table generating the keys (it does
not handle comments in-line in the query, sadly), determines which
columns have auto-generated values AND are parts of the primary key,
then grabs those values from all of the values returned by
getGeneratedKeys(). This works for us but is expensive (extra query)
and clunky.

I too am very interested in a resolution to this.

-Adam