Re: Wish to contribute PgAdmin translation

From: Alexander LAW <exclusion(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wish to contribute PgAdmin translation
Date: 2010-10-10 03:36:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hello,
I would like to fix and commit to russian translation of PgAdmin. I sent
a message with fixed pgadmin3.po to pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org and
CCed it to the current translator (v(dot)kazimirov(at)mail(dot)ru) 12.21.2009 but
still havent got any answer.
Can I do something more to get involved and fix at least typos and most
annoying errors?

My original message was:

Hello,

I'm russian speaking user of PgAdmin. I found it very useful and want to
thank you for a good product.

Unfortunately, russian translation contains some annoying errors. For
example, check box "Store password" text translated like "Stoere
password" (in russian of course). As I see that dialog each time I run
pgAdmin it gets very annoying.

I have some experience of translation En->Ru, so I decided to fix it
following instructions on your site
(http://www.pgadmin.org/translation/status.php). After I have opened the
.po file, I found another typo just near the forementioned string
("Sunday" translated as "Sanday"). Starting from the top of the file
I've found that it contains many such errors, moreover it contains
semantic errors too (if it's needed, i can give some examples with
explanation).

So I have checked this file from top to bottom, and fixed all errors and
typos I found (using my knowledge and OOo spellchecker). What can I do
next to get this fixed translation commited?

Thanks in advance...

I do understand, that since that time PgAdmin has changed, and there is
more work to be done. I'm ready to deal with it if i had an opportunity
to do it.

Best regards,
Alexander LAW

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgadmin3.po text/x-gettext-translation 621.6 KB