Re: Small bug: COLUMN dialog types list wrong behavior

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: r d <rd0002(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Small bug: COLUMN dialog types list wrong behavior
Date: 2010-10-07 22:25:48
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

Le 07/10/2010 20:32, r d a écrit :
> [...]
> the "NEW COLUMN" / "COLUMN PROPERTIES" dialog which is accessible through
> context menu of the column in the object tree, or by calling it from the
> TABLE PROPERTIES dialog.
>
> On the page "PROPERTIES", the drop-down list "TYPE" skips some data types.

Which one?

> I found until now that the types "CHAR" and "CHARACTER" are never accepted,
> but instead, the list gives me "CHARACTER_DATA" whenever I select one of
> those types.

Works for me. And I don't see anywhere a "character_data".

> When I navigate the list with arrows up/down, it jumps from "CHARACTER_DATA"
> to "SQL_IDENTIFIER" skipping all types inbetween.

I don't know where you find a "character_data" and a "sql_identifier".

> Config:
> Postgres - 9.0.0 from repo PGDG
> pgadmin3 - 1.12.0 compiled from source
> Linux - 2.6.32.21-168.fc12.x86_64
>
> Another issue I have found is that pgadmin3 crashes after a while whenever I
> load a full table with several thousands of records into the grid; other
> people have already reported this and other issues with the grid (the "VIEW
> DATA" window).

pgAdmin is not really suited to load that many records. Doesn't mean it
should crash, but more that I don't expect it to be very usable with so
many rows in the grid.

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr