Re: Documentation

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Documentation
Date: 2010-09-24 10:13:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 24/09/2010 11:59, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:16, Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Le 24/09/2010 10:39, Dave Page a écrit :

>>> Yeah, I was looking at this the other day, but ran out of time.
>>> Looking at using Sphinx (http://sphinx.pocoo.org/).
>>>

>> Seems interesting. Just at the same time, we (Dalibo) get rid of our
>> documents in ReST format, so I'll still have to work with it for pgadmin :-/
>
> Why do you get rid of ReST, and what are you changing to?

Not really because of ReST. Our real issue was the tool we used to build
HTML, PDF, etc. This tool was first written by dalibo, but nobody really
maintains it and it became more and more difficult to install it on
recent laptops. So, as you can see, not really an issue with ReST. And
we are changing to... dokuwiki. You surely know Damien felt in love with
this tool :)

--
Guillaume
http://www.postgresql.fr