Re: HS/SR on AIX

From: Steve Singer <ssinger(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
To: Steve Singer <ssinger(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: HS/SR on AIX
Date: 2010-08-25 15:45:34
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-hackers

Steve Singer wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Steve Singer <ssinger(at)ca(dot)afilias(dot)info> writes:
>>> I think I've been able to reproduce the issue floating around with
>>> streaming replication on AIX.
>>

> I will do another clean build from the beta4 source tar to confirm that
> I'm not still having the issue but I'm thinking the original reporter
> might have done something similar and had some old artifacts laying around.

A clean build from the beta4 source tarball where I'm careful to install
into a clean (ie no old beta2 artifacts laying around waiting to be
overwritten) isn't reproducing the issue.

I'm happy to try other things if people suggest them (or if the original
reporter is still getting this after making sure he cleans up old files
first) but I'm thinking that was the issue.

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada