Re: Need someone to design and "about 9.0" flyer

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Rob Napier <rob(at)doitonce(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Gabrielle Roth <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Need someone to design and "about 9.0" flyer
Date: 2010-08-09 22:47:19
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Rob,

> What is the Unique Selling Proposition that PostgreSQL 9.0 makes?

Binary Replication plus more features than any other OSDB.

> As a potential user What's in it for me?

Features for your specific use case, whatever it is.

> What are the key Features and their associated Advantages and Benefits?

Discussed on this list ad nauseum. I think we were going with "Binary
replication + too many to list". Or we could go with the features we
have quotes around.

> Who is the target market?
>
> Do we focus on true believers or do we target non-believers?

Non-believers, but people who are looking at their database options.
"If you tried PostgreSQL before, maybe it's time to try it again."

> What is the competitive position?

Better than any other OSDB. Neck-and-neck with the top proprietary DBs.

--
-- Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.