Re: pgday.eu

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alex Markelov <alex(dot)markelov(at)gmail(dot)com>, iepug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgday.eu
Date: 2010-08-07 20:03:00
Lists: iepug

On 07/08/2010 18:26, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

>>> I'm hoping to attend at least one day - I'll probably have work
>>> commitments on 8 December, but hopefully I'll get the earlier part of the
>>> conference.
>>

>> I can't see that far into the future :-), but hope to attend the event this
>> time around. Shall see how things pan out at work though. November is going
>> to be very busy. Fingers crossed, it won't overflow into December.
>
> Well, I'm going for all 3 days, while possibly arriving a day early
> and leaving a day late. What airport do you think we should fly to?

I was looking at a map earlier today, and I think Munich is the closest
- although there might be a couple of hours' train ride from there. Aer
Lingus does Dublin-Munich.

Frankfurt (-am-Main) might be possible also; a considerably longer
journey, but the train ride down along the Rhine is really nice.

I'm hoping there might be a direct service from Shannon or Knock - need
to check - but I think Ryanair stopped their Shannon-Frankfurt service a
number of years ago, so I'll be stuck with Dublin also. :-)

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie