Re: CommitFest 2010-07 week one progress report

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: CommitFest 2010-07 week one progress report
Date: 2010-07-22 19:26:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

>> 18 patches have reviews due within four days or less
>
> This is a very big number... I hope some of these reviews start to
> come in soon. I think this is where our bottleneck is at present.

Based on off-list emails, I expect most of these to clear by this
weekend. Part of this was caused by people "reserving" several
patches up front, and posting reviews on some but just now getting
to others; part has been caused by people traveling, and not being
at "home base" to work on things; part has been due to high priority
non-PostgreSQL issues taking people away from reviewing for a few
days; and the predicate locking/serializable patch is just too big
to review in a few days and I didn't bother taking it out of the
count.

You'd probably feel better about things if you had read all the
off-list emails.

Not that we couldn't use another reviewer or two. I'm still
welcoming volunteers!

-Kevin