CommitFest 2010-07 week one progress report

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-rrreviewers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CommitFest 2010-07 week one progress report
Date: 2010-07-22 18:09:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-rrreviewers

New numbers on where we are with this CommitFest:

71 patches were submitted
3 patches were withdrawn (deleted) by their authors
--
68 total patches currently in the application
--
3 committed to 9.0
--
65 9.1 patches
--
1 rejected
5 returned with feedback
11 committed for 9.1
--
17 9.1 patches disposed
--

I had particular concerns about the synchronous replication patches,
because I've seen competing patches like that lead to significant

I see that nobody has signed up for the GSoC patch regarding
materialized views. Do we have an official "mentor" for this
effort? Would it be a good or bad idea for that person to do the
review?

Although we've had some discussion around Markus Wanner's WIP
refactoring patches and the prerequisite miscellaneous patches,
there's nobody down as a Reviewer for any of them. I understand
that the six WIP patches are there for feedback, not with
expectation of a commit in this CF, but I'm less clear about the two
prerequisite patches.

The "WIP patch for serializable transactions with predicate locking"
is big, but there's no expectation of a commit this CF, and Joe
assures me he's working on it every day; so nobody should be
concerned about the lack of a review post on that so far.

I am hopeful that in the next week we can clear a lot of the pending
patches which have already had some review, and get someone on every
unclaimed patch.

-Kevin