bg worker: patch 3 of 6 - sockets

From: Markus Wanner <markus(at)bluegap(dot)ch>
To: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: bg worker: patch 3 of 6 - sockets
Date: 2010-07-13 14:31:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers
This patch adds the capability for the coordinator to listen on sockets
while waiting for imessages to arrive. Before the coordinator just slept
until a signal arrives, notifying the coordinator about an internal message.

Major caveat here: I'm using pselect(), which might still not be
portable enough. The work-around for platforms on which a signal doesn't
interrupt select has been removed as well. I can't think of any way to
support platforms as broken as that.

Next:From: Markus WannerDate: 2010-07-13 14:31:22