Re: large resultset

From: Raymond O'Donnell <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>
To: AI Rumman <rummandba(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>, vinny <vinny(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: large resultset
Date: 2010-06-15 10:15:31
Lists: pgsql-php

On 15/06/2010 11:01, AI Rumman wrote:
> No. I need to send 2 million records. I want to know what is the best
> possible way to send these records?
> HOw should I write the plpgsql procedure to send record ony by one to
> improve the response time to the users?

Are you really going to display all 2 million at once? Surely you'd be
better off displaying smaller pages at a time.

In any case, you haven't been clear about what you are trying to do - if
you explain in more detail, we'll be better able to help.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod(at)iol(dot)ie