The second beta release for PostgreSQL version 9.0 is now available.
This beta contains numerous fixes and several changes since Beta1.
Please download, install, and test it so that we can move towards final
release of 9.0.
Soem significant changes have been introduced in beta2 which will
require some applications to be re-tested with 9.0. These include:
* Fixes for security issues
as in the 2010-05-17 security update release
* Named parameter syntax has been changed
* pg_upgrade has been added to /contrib
* changes to parameters and options in the recovery.conf file
* multiple bug fixes for issues reported during beta1
Note that, due to a system catalog change, an initdb and database reload
will be required for upgrading from 9.0Beta1. We encourage users to use
this opportunity to test pg_upgrade for the upgrade from Beta1 or an
earlier version of 9.0. Please report your results.
If you are able to help with beta testing, please see the Beta testing
Betas are not stable and should never be used in production; they are
for testing only. Additional beta releases, or a release candidate, will
be available for testing in a few weeks.
Source code, as well as binary installers for many platforms, is
available from the PostgreSQL Web Site:
* One-Click Installer, including Win64 binaries:
* Binaries for other platforms:
* Release Notes:
* Participating in Testing:
pgsql-announce by date
|Next:||From: Koichi Suzuki||Date: 2010-06-08 06:19:43|
|Subject: pg_lesslog 1.4.2 beta now available|
|Previous:||From: David Fetter||Date: 2010-06-07 04:12:54|
|Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - June 06 2010 ==|