Re: jdbc works in java app, fails in servlet: "no suitable jdbc found"

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: jdbc works in java app, fails in servlet: "no suitable jdbc found"
Date: 2010-06-04 06:40:36
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

philfrei(at)aol(dot)com wrote:
> HI - Thank you both Craig and Manohar.
>
> There is no .WAR file in this project. So I am unable to follow
> related advice.

why not ? a .war file is the standard method of deploying a tomcat
app. its a renamed .zip file that contains the project jars, xml
manifest, related libraries, etc etc. to deploy the app (or an update)
you simply drop the .war into the deployment dir, and tomcat sees it and
unzips it into the /webapps/appname/ folder and off it goes