Dear Member, I have a consulting position with a renowned hedge-fund in
New York City. Please go through the requirement below and send your
resume to ravi (at) sysmind.com .
Job Title: PostgreSQL DBA/Architect
Location: New York City
Duration: 9+ months
· Design and Implement database architecture and design, including SQL
· Monitor and evaluate database and application performance and
undertake appropriate database tuning efforts.
· Installation, configuration, upgrading and evaluation of database
server software and related products.
· Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
· Perform capacity planning.
· Implement and maintain database security.
· Implement and maintain data release processes
· Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
· 4-5 years prior DBA experience.
· Proficiency with SQL, scripting languages and relevant database
· Strong track record of administering large, mission critical databases
in a UNIX environment.
· Experience with Postgres and Informix i
· Undergraduate or Graduate degree with a high G.P.A in Computer Science
or Engineering from a top-tier school
· Highly motivated with a high sense of urgency and accountability;
Strong accuracy and attention to detail.
· A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Investment management industry experience is not required but is a plus.
/Phone: 609-897-9670 x111/
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Prasad Ravi||Date: 2010-06-03 14:55:25|
|Subject: PostgreSQL DBA/Architect @ New York|
|Previous:||From: Beau Gould (OSS)||Date: 2010-06-02 19:19:56|
|Subject: [JOB] Database Developers, Redwood City, CA | 90-150k |