Re: Ticket 3: groups of servers

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ticket 3: groups of servers
Date: 2010-04-17 18:09:27
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 12/04/2010 14:14, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 10:36 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an almost working patch. I still have one bug: if someone adds
>> the first server in a group, the group and the server don't appear in
>> the treeview. After quite some tests and debugging, the program adds
>> them in the treeview, but after the CreateObjects call, they disappear.

Fixed it.

> I didn't see that here. It seemed to work fine - though it sure would
> be nice if it would dynamically move the nodes around. Restarting
> pgAdmin to see the changes doesn't feel nice.

Sure, it's way nicer. Done.

> It also feels like I
> should be able to right-click a group node, though I appreciate you
> cannot do that with the Servers node either.

What do you want with a right click in a group node? access to the
properties?

> Finally (I think!) - it seems weird that the Servers node lists the
> total number of Servers, even those that aren't direct children.

Fixed.

> Y'know - as I type I can't help thinking that the correct way to do
> this is to consider the root node to be the group, in which we
> currently have a single, fixed group called 'Servers'. Additional
> groups would then be additional root nodes... but I don't know if you
> can do that on all operating systems.

Done. Seems to work everywhere I checked.

So, now, when you launch pgAdmin, it behaves exactly as before (ie you
still have one one group, Servers). But you can add more groups and
affects servers into those groups).

>> BTW, it is not the final patch, some work remain to be done (the group
>> combobox is only used as a textbox right now, it's badly displayed, some
>> code are redundant, etc.)
>
> Yeah, I saw that.

They are all fixed by now.

> BTW - I noticed another issue while I was there. The default colour
> shown by the colour select button seems to be random, so for servers
> for which I never previously chose a colour updating them to set a
> group is also changing them to a random colour, unless I manually
> choose that too.

Fixed too.

New patch attached. Seems good to go for me.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Attachment Content-Type Size