Deallocation speed

From: Mark Simonetti <marks(at)opalsoftware(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Deallocation speed
Date: 2010-04-12 18:25:27
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi,
I'm currently working on a c++ project that uses the psqlodbc driver.

I have a query that returns over 26000 rows, and about 45 columns.

When it comes to closing the statement using SQLFreeStmt(hstmt,
SQL_CLOSE), the command seems to take about 70 seconds to return (on a
3.16ghz processor!). This just doesn't seem right. Is there something
I may be missing?

I thought I'd ask first before I posted more details incase it is
something obvious.

Thanks,

Mark.