Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_stop_backup does not complete
Date: 2010-03-02 06:29:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fujii Masao wrote:
> We would be easily able to calculate the last archived log file from
> the existence of archive status files.

Right, but you have to actually scan the whole archive directory to
figure that out, and I'd rather not see that code get duplicated
somewhere else when it's already inside the archive_command logic. If
it just shared that info with the rest of the system instead this would
be trivial to discover.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us