Re: Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "Ing (dot) Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda" <mlortiz(at)uci(dot)cu>
Cc: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cluster feature: Start/stop archiving at runtime
Date: 2010-02-28 07:18:38
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers

Ing . Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda wrote:
> What happend with Skype and its nodes? It´s very interested for me
> because I use too the Skytools for
> many HA solutions with PostgreSQL.

It sounds like Skype has situations where it would prefer to pause
archiving when nodes go down, am just looking for more details about why
that is.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Postgres-2 gives an overview.

> Greg, Will you talk about this on the PgEast 2010?

I'm doing a talk at PG East 2010, but not on this topic. The main talk
list is up: http://www.postgresqlconference.org/2010/east/talks and
there are a few replication-related ones on there.

The main reason I mentioned it is that East tends to have a few of the
Slony developers floating around, and I had the impression it was the
app that wanted this parser feature. It looks like I was wrong about that.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us