Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hot Standby query cancellation and Streaming Replication integration
Date: 2010-02-27 01:53:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Stark wrote:
> Well you can go sit in the same corner as Simon with your high
> availability servers.
>
> I want my ability to run large batch queries without any performance
> or reliability impact on the primary server.

Thank you for combining a small personal attack with a selfish
commentary about how yours is the only valid viewpoint. Saves me a lot
of trouble replying to your messages, can just ignore them instead if
this is how you're going to act.

--
Greg Smith 2ndQuadrant US Baltimore, MD
greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com www.2ndQuadrant.us