Re: Version 9 Beta testing day? -- need venue, food sponsor

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Steve Crawford <scrawford(at)pinpointresearch(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Version 9 Beta testing day? -- need venue, food sponsor
Date: 2010-02-24 23:44:44
Lists: sfpug

> David's loft?? :)

Possible, but kinda cold this time of year. I'd also prefer something
near BART for attendance.

> OK, waaaay premature I suppose but is there a "wish list" (in addition
> to machines and people, I mean)? Stuff like extension cords,
> power-strips, network-cables.... And perhaps a list of builds and/or
> system-requirements so those with machines can set them up in advance
> (Configure for DHCP? Pre-assign IP addresses? Any specific PG config
> options for compiling or use a specific pre-built source?).
>
> I'm sure lots of the stuff will require matched sets of
> OS/architecture/... but are we planning to only test on Linux or on
> BSD/Windows/Solaris/...?
>
> Just a few things that popped into my mind. Perhaps we should have a
> page at http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SFPUG similar to the prep for
> OSCon.

Yes, please do!

> BTW, what is the typical $$ required for a food sponsor?

For this? We'd need to have food and soft drinks for probably 10-15
people, both snacks and lunch, and coffee. Would be around $150-$200 if
we're in a location with a kitchen, and $300-$350 if not. So venue with
kitchen is much better.

--Josh Berkus