Re: [HACKERS] Streaming Replication docs

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Streaming Replication docs
Date: 2010-02-19 10:09:45
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 10:22 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> In addition to the changes you've proposed, one thing our docs could
>> really use is a single reference page which we could go to for all of
>> the .conf files. Right now, you need to rely on postgresql.org doc
>> search in order to find, for example, pg_hba.conf.
>>
>> I think it would be good to put into server administration somewhere a
>> single page called "Configuration Files" which references:
>> postgresql.conf
>> pg_hba.conf
>> recovery.conf
>> pg_ident.conf
>> ... hmmm, am I missing one?
>

> Seems that should go... under "Reference"

Seems like a good idea.

Unfortunately my SGML-skills are too weak to do that, so here's a patch
to for my original proposal. There's little text changes, mostly just
moves sections around. I'm thinking of committing this now; someone else
will have to do the above reorganization if we want it.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment Content-Type Size
move-recovery-config-to-own-chapter.patch text/x-diff 22.9 KB