Re: Streaming replication on win32, still broken

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication on win32, still broken
Date: 2010-02-17 20:28:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:00 PM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

>>> Agreed. I'll remove O_DIRECT from walreceiver.
>> Here is the patch to do that.
>
> Ooops! I found the bug in the patch. Here is the updated version.

If I'm reading the patch correctly, when wal_sync_method is 'open_sync',
walreceiver nevertheless opens the WAL file without the O_DIRECT flag.
When it later flushes it in XLogWalRcvFlush() by issue_xlog_fsync(),
issue_xlog_fsync() will do nothing because it assumes the write() synced
it already. So the data written isn't being forced to disk at all.

How about just forcing sync_method to 'fsync' in walreceiver?

--
Heikki Linnakangas