Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG

From: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: NaN/Inf fix for ECPG
Date: 2010-02-17 11:18:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Boszormenyi Zoltan írta:
> Michael Meskes írta:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:28:00PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
>>

>>> I was trying to stress the *beta* status. Maybe someone into NetBSD might be
>>> interested in reporting this as a bug. At least it behaves different to all
>>> other archs we have.
>>>

>> Hmm, it seems the patch didn't work. Back to the drawing board.
>>

> I hope the amd64 version of NetBSD 5.0.2 behaves similarly,
> I can only try it as a VM guest...

NetBSD 5.0.2/x86_64 passed all both the main and the ECPG
"make check" tests. The BETA might have had a bug or
NetBSD/MIPS has some quirks I can't solve. Now what?

On a sidenote, this machine fails for the 8.4 STABLE tree, too,
in the main "make check"...

Is this buildfarm member for detecting bugs in the already
obsolete NetBSD 5.0 BETA, or what? The final 5.0 and
two bugfix releases are already out for a while. The owner
of that particular machine should upgrade.

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi

--
Bible has answers for everything. Proof:
"But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more

Zoltán Böszörményi
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
http://www.postgresql.at/