Re: New colour selector

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New colour selector
Date: 2010-02-14 09:27:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le 18/01/2010 09:23, Dave Page a écrit :
> [...]
> I just went to add a server in a pgAdmin build from SVN trunk and
> noticed that the new colour selector doesn't work so well on Mac. You
> can't see easily what the selected colour is - it just looks like a
> big ugly button. Further, when you click it for the first time, the
> settings are such that it's far from obvious how to select a colour
> other than black (actually, you need to set the vertical slider on the
> right to the top to see solid colours).
>
> Please see the attached screenshots.

It seems to be a wxWidgets/Mac OS X bug. I've found a thread on wx-users
(see
http://groups.google.fr/group/wx-users/browse_frm/thread/57640f7f187f9c38/f4d36364fa47dafd)
in which this issue is discussed.

They said the native control is borked. So, they added an option to have
a better generic control. You need to set wxCLRBTN_USES_BMP_BUTTON to 1
to have it. I tried this and it works (minor a change to a header file).

Anyways, I sent them an email to fix the header issue and to know if we
really need to set this option. I'm waiting for their answer.

Do you think that the wxCLRBTN_USES_BMP_BUTTON solution is possible for
us? I mean, can you set it before you build Mac OS X release of pgAdmin?

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org