Re: Hostnames in pg_hba.conf

From: Mark Mielke <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>
To: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
Cc: Bart Samwel <bart(at)samwel(dot)tk>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hostnames in pg_hba.conf
Date: 2010-02-12 04:51:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 02/11/2010 09:38 PM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> Mark Mielke escreveu:
>
>> Of course, then I'll ask for the ability to simplify specifying multiple
>> databases:
>>

> We already support multiple users and/or databases for a single pg_hba.conf
> line ...

Is there a reason you trimmed out my points about specifying "classes"
as a list of data (host, db, user) and using it in host lines? :-)

"Simplifying specifying multiple databases" in the sense of if a
particular line has to list 10 databases, 10 users, and 10 hostnames, it
would be most convenient to specify 3 "classes" with 10 records each,
followed by one host line, instead of have 10 lines with 20 entries on
it or 1000 lines... :-)

Cheers,
mark

--