Re: BUG #5321: Parallel restore temporarily deadlocked by autovacuum analyze

From: Jerry Gamache <jerry(dot)gamache(at)idilia(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5321: Parallel restore temporarily deadlocked by autovacuum analyze
Date: 2010-02-10 15:54:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I was also surprised that table_y seemed to be involved. This is not a
typo. Might be caused by a FK constraint between table_y and table_x.
From the logs, the autovacuum on table_x was canceled before the one on
table_y, but the restore only resumed after the autovacuum on table_y
was canceled. It is possible (but I cannot confirm) that the autovacuum
thread on table_x was blocked for a while after the cancellation message
was written to the log. I added timestamps to log_line_prefix to be able
to give more details if this happens again.