Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date: 2010-02-10 00:39:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

(2010/02/09 21:18), KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> (2010/02/09 20:16), Takahiro Itagaki wrote:

>>> I agree. From design perspective, the single section approach is more
>>> simple than dual section, but its change set is larger than the dual.
>>
>> OK.
>>

>> When I tested a custom dump with pg_restore, --clean&
>> --single-transaction
>> will fail with the new dump format because it always call lo_unlink()
>> even if the large object doesn't exist. It comes from dumpBlobItem:
>>
>> ! dumpBlobItem(Archive *AH, BlobInfo *binfo)
>> ! appendPQExpBuffer(dquery, "SELECT lo_unlink(%s);\n", binfo->dobj.name);
>>
>> The query in DropBlobIfExists() could avoid errors -- should we use it
>> here?
>> | SELECT lo_unlink(oid) FROM pg_largeobject_metadata WHERE oid = %s;
>
> Yes, we can use this query to handle --clean option.
> I'll fix it soon.

The attached patch fixed up the cleanup query as follows:

+ appendPQExpBuffer(dquery,
+ "SELECT pg_catalog.lo_unlink(oid) "
+ "FROM pg_catalog.pg_largeobject_metadata "
+ "WHERE oid = %s;\n", binfo->dobj.name);

And, I also noticed that lo_create() was not prefixed by "pg_catalog.",
so I also add it.

Rest of parts were not changed.

Thanks,

--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgsql-fix-pg_dump-blob-privs.7.patch application/octect-stream 26.0 KB