Re: Wanted: new project slogan

From: Diogo Biazus <diogob(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wanted: new project slogan
Date: 2010-01-28 19:30:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On 28/01/10 16:08, Jeff Davis wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-01-28 at 18:59 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> One of the original reasons put forward for us needing to change this
>> is that other opensource databases are also advanced, and may not like
>> us calling ourselves the most advanced one.
>>
>> What do you think they'll say if we differentiate ourselves by saying
>> we're the professional one - implicating they're not....
>>
> Right now, our slogan compares us directly to other open source database
> systems, and that's nearly a direct shot at MySQL. If we compare
> ourselves to all database systems, it's not nearly as bad.
>
> Regards,
> Jeff Davis

I like the old mozilla approach of "Reclaim your inbox" as a thunderbird
slogan.
I think that we could use something similar like:
PostgreSQL: Reclaim your database.
PostgreSQL: Regain control of your data.
PostgreSQL: Take your data wherever you want to go.

I think it synthesizes the notion of being in control of data and having
a flexible development plataform, something that was previously
mentioned in this thread.

--
Diogo Biazus
diogob(at)gmail(dot)com