Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails

From: "Milen A(dot) Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5290: Simple loop with insert into and check to avoid duplicate values fails
Date: 2010-01-21 17:17:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Tom Lane написа:
> "Milen A. Radev" <milen(at)radev(dot)net> writes:
>> I reproduced it on Windows Vista 64-bit SP2 with version 8.4.2
>> (installed by using the One-click installer from EnterpriseDB):
>
> OK, so that means WildWezyr isn't just seeing things. Possibilities
> that occur to me now:
>
> 1. Maybe it's specific to Vista and/or Win64?
>
> 2. I wonder whether setting LC_COLLATE/LC_CTYPE during database creation
> is really sufficient to establish the locale fully on Windows. If
> wcscoll() is partially dependent on some other bit of state, maybe that
> would explain the problem. What is the "surrounding" locale in your
> test case?
[...]

For the test I changed all regional settings to "Polish (Poland)",
restarted the machine, created a new cluster and a new database (using
the commands from the last mail from Heikki).

A side-note: tested exactly the same function but on "Bulgarian
(Bulgaria)" system locale and cluster and database created with
"Bulgarian_Bulgaria.1251" locale - no errors.

--
Milen A. Radev