Re: BUG #5268: PQgetvalue incorrectly returns 0

From: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: Mike Landis <mlandis(at)pnmx(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5268: PQgetvalue incorrectly returns 0
Date: 2010-01-08 00:31:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Mike Landis wrote:
> Pick a database and table that exists, configure the string
> cconstants, compile and run the attached cpp, get 0 instead of 1 (that
> you get in pgAdmin...
>
> Where's can I download the libpq source? Maybe I can find and/or fix
> the problem myself.

Your program works fine for me (apart from minor datatype changes to
port to Linux). I used user=postgres and database=regression and
pgtable='tenk1' (schema from the regression test suite). As Tom
mentioned, your user might not have access to the table you are using -
try using the superuser account - typically 'postgres' to eliminate this
possibility.

With respect to the libpq source, it is in the source tarball from the
Postgresql website (directory src/interfaces/libpq ).

regards

Mark