Re: unpleasant characters

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: unpleasant characters
Date: 2009-12-14 14:02:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page escreveu:
> Do you know if this will have any unpleasant side-effects in Japan or
> other regions with what we would consider to be unusual keyboard
> layouts?

As I said, I don't know if we'll have problems with it; but if they map Fx key
to some character, they have trouble using our shortcuts anyway. Could Hiroshi
or someone else confirm this? If we have problems, I'm afraid the only path is
coding OnChar() (which would be a pain in the neck because we'll have to
maintain code that IMHO is WX responsibility).

I noticed that even if we don't event.Skip() on OnKeyDown() event (the patch)
the shortcut is executed (for example F5) maybe because it is caught by
OnKeyUp(), another key event, or another object? I don't know how events are
handled in WX but somehow OnKeyDown() are processed _before_ OnChar() so the
character are not printed. Also, it didn't prevent another object (wxMenu) to
capture that event too.

Did you reproduce the problem?

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira