START-value for sequences

From: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: START-value for sequences
Date: 2009-12-09 21:36:36
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi all!

I have been absent to finish my uni degree. Now I am fully back at work
and make heavy use of pgAdmin again, which inevitably leads to bug
reports ...

Running pgAdmin 1.10.1 (Dec 3 2009, rev: 8025:8026M) on Win XP. Server:
pg 8.4.1 on Debian Lenny.
I think there is a glitch in the sequence properties dialog:

I tried to change a run-of-the-mill sequence, so that it gives negative
values. Could not be done with the properties dialog.
"Value of START cannot be greater than MAXVALUE" - but the properties
dialog does not provide a field for START. Users are out of luck, has to
be done with SQL.
Screenshot attached.

START-value is also missing in the "Property" pane. The SQL pane, on the
other hand, includes the START clause just fine. It was introduced with
pg 8.4.

Regards
Erwin

P.S.: Other than that, v1.10.1 works just fine so far.

Attachment Content-Type Size
image/png 38.8 KB