Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site

From: damien clochard <damien(at)dalibo(dot)info>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, rod <rod(at)iol(dot)ie>, Tommy Gildseth <tommy(dot)gildseth(at)usit(dot)uio(dot)no>, pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Merchandising, merchandising.. on the postgresql.eu site
Date: 2009-12-06 18:30:45
Lists: pgeu-general

> I'm no designer, but I've added some initial ideas to the wiki:
> http://wiki.postgresql.eu/wiki/Merchandise#Designs
>
> Thom

Hi Thom,

If i can give a modest piece of advice, i think you'd better not use the
3-colour logo ( black-white-blue ), but use instead the monochrome logo.

First because it's cheaper to print only one color.

Second, imho you will have difficulties finding the exact same blue
that's in the 3 colour logo inside the spreadshirt limited palette.
Ifor instance, the shirt designs you've submitted, the blue on the shirt
is not the same that the blue on the logo, it seems awkward to me.

Third, the monochrome logo has no filling, it's just the outline of the
elephant head. Thus it has this transparent effect that makes it look
more "integrated" into the shirt

All those thoughts came to me while doing the PGDay.eu bags, which look
like that :

http://nawak.taadeem.net/BAT_postgresql-3.jpg

You can find the one-color logo (white or blue) in SVG format here :

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Logo#Single-color_elephant

That being said you've done a nice job, i like the football shirt. the
hoodie's pretty cool too, maybe even cooler in black and white...

Hope this helps :)

--
damien clochard