pgsql 'prefix' error

From: Bino Oetomo <bino(at)indoakses-online(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql 'prefix' error
Date: 2009-11-24 10:59:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All
Harald Fuchs wrote:
> For larger tables where an index search would be useful, check out
> pgfoundry.org/projects/prefix:
>

> CREATE TABLE myrecords (
> record prefix_range NOT NULL,
> PRIMARY KEY (record)
> );
>
> COPY myrecords (record) FROM stdin;
> 1
> 12
> 123
> 1234
> \.

I downloaded pgfoundry's prefix, postgresql-8.3-prefix_1.0.0-1_i386.deb
I install it using dpkg , and run the prefix.sql

Create database .. named 'prefbino', and

CREATE TABLE myrecords (
record prefix_range NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (record)
);

Looks good, next
I try to create some records, But I got this error :
-----------------------START------------------
prefbino=# COPY myrecords (record) FROM stdin;
Enter data to be copied followed by a newline.
End with a backslash and a period on a line by itself.
>> 1
>> 12
>> 123
>> 1234
>> \.
ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "myrecords_pkey"
CONTEXT: COPY myrecords, line 2: "12"

Kindly please give me further enlightment

Sincerely
-bino-